Salisbury Glass is closed over the Christmas period from the 21st of December to the 2nd January inclusive.
With spring just around the corner (fingers crossed) we can probably all agree that we’re looking forward to a bit more light in our lives, but what are the benefits of natural light at home and in the office?
1. Good for the environment: Increased natural light in your home means increased sustainability: switching off artificial lights and turning the heating down reduces your energy use and therefore reduces your environmental impact. Ensure your home optimises natural light by using energy efficient windows and doors.
2. Good for your bank balance: For the reasons above, not only are you saving the planet, you’re also saving the pennies when it’s time to pay the utility bills.
3. Good for your physical health:
Natural light has been proven to affect our ability to sleep well and think clearly. Here are a few more healthy reasons to reserve that window seat:
4. Good for your emotional wellbeing: Because it increases those feel-good endorphins and serotonin, natural light can improve your mood. It’s also more forgiving when you’re inspecting your reflection, which can affect your daily outlook. Natural light has also proven to regulate disorders such as SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). So if you’re in need of a pick-me-up, look no further than out the window.
5. Good for your interior design: Architects are renowned for their use of natural light; it makes rooms appear larger and gives a feeling of space. Natural sunlight will help the green-fingered among you as it encourages indoor flora and fauna to flourish (and conversely, it reduces the amount of mildew and mould growth).
6. Good for business: Studies have shown that employees sitting in areas lit by natural light are more productive: with natural light contributing to a more positive outlook and overall health it makes sense that naturally lit employees are happier ones. It’s not just employees that are affected though; customers are more attracted to a light space and natural light can illuminate products, making them more attractive.
If you’d like to know more about letting the sunshine in, give us a call on 01722 328 985, use our online form, or pop into our sales centre (Newton Road, Churchfields Industrial Estate, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP2 7QA).